Bath, Avebury, & Lacock Village (1 day coach tour)
Discover the beauty of a vanished world at the standing stones of Avebury, and explore the elegant city of Bath on this history packed journey. Visit the historic town of Bath, with it’s beautiful Georgian architecture and elegant Roman baths, then head for Lacock Village, where scenes from Harry Potter, Downton Abbey, and Pride and Prejudice have been filmed.
The last stop is Avebury and its Neolithic standing stones, which are older than Stonehenge and boast the world’s biggest megalithic stone circle. Ideal for those with minimal time but a thirst for knowledge and love of history!
Days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 02 April 2020 – 30 March 2021 (except 24, 26, and 31 December 2020).
Duration: 09h15 – 19h30
email@example.com / 021 975 2047
Price per person*
04 January 2020 – 05 April 2020
01 November 2020 – 17 December 2020
04 January 2021 – 31 March 2021
- ADULT: R 1 075
- CHILD (6 – 16 years): R 988
06 April 2020 – 31 May 2020
01 October 2020 – 31 October 2020
18 December 2020 – 03 January 2021
- ADULT: R 1 290
- CHILD (6 – 16 years): R 1 204
01 June 2020 – 30 September 2020
- ADULT: R 1 505
- CHILD (6 – 16 years): R 1 420
NOTE: minimum age for tour is 6 years.
* Prices are subject to continued availability and major currency fluctuation. Valid until 31 March 2021. Does not include meals/refreshments or hotel pick up/drop off.
- Bath: The first stop of the day is the Roman spa town, where you can see the Roman Baths, Georgian architecture and the gorgeous abbey. You have plenty of time to wander at your own pace.
- Lacock Village: Famous for its picturesque streets and charming historical buildings, Lacock Village has been used as filming locations for Harry Potter, Downton Abbey, and Pride and Prejudice.
- Avebury: The final stop of the day is at the pretty village of Avebury where you can wander amidst the largest prehistoric stone circle in the world. You return to London in the early evening.
Need to know
- Departs: 09h15 from London (Stance 3, Greenline Coach Terminal, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London, SW1W 9SH)
- Returns: 19h30 to the above
- Wear: Walking shoes, comfy clothes and a raincoat or umbrella – just in case.
- Luggage: Maximum 14kg per person. One piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) and a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Vehicle: 16-seater Mercedes mini-coach (air-conditioned)
- Operator: Rabbies