Visit the lovely town of Bath, with it’s beautiful Georgian architecture and elegant Roman baths, then head for Lacock Village, where scenes from Harry Potter, Downton Abbey, and Pride and Prejudice have been filmed. The last stop is Avebury and its Neolithic standing stones, which are older than Stonehenge and boast the world’s biggest megalithic stone circle.
Ideal for those with minimal time but a thirst for knowledge and love of history!
Price per person* (varies according to season)
- ADULT: R 975
- CHILD (6 – 16 years): R 89801 January 2019 – 14 April 2019
01 Nov 2019 – 17 December 2019 (EXCEPT 17 Dec ’18 – 03 Jan ’19)
04 January 2020 – 31 March 2020
- ADULT: R 1 170
- CHILD (6 – 16 years): R 1 09215 April – 31 May 2019
01 October – 31 October 2019
18 December 2019 – 03 January 2020
- ADULT: R 1 268
- CHILD (6 – 16 years): R 1 21001 June 2019 – 30 September 2019
NOTE: Minimum age: 6 years
* Prices are subject to continued availability and major currency fluctuation. Valid until 28 February 2020. Does not include meals/refreshments or hotel pick up/drop off.
Bath: The first stop of the day is the Roman spa town, where you can see the Roman Baths, Georgian architecture and the gorgeous abbey. You have plenty of time to wander at your own pace.
Lacock Village: Famous for its picturesque streets and charming historical buildings, Lacock Village has been used as filming locations for Harry Potter, Downton Abbey, and Pride and Prejudice.
Avebury: The final stop of the day is at the pretty village of Avebury where you can wander amidst the largest prehistoric stone circle in the world. You return to London in the early evening.
Need to know
- Departs: 09h15 from London (Stance 3, Greenline Coach Terminal, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London, SW1W 9SH)
- Returns: 19h30 to the above
- Wear: Walking shoes, comfy clothes and a raincoat or umbrella – just in case
- Vehicle: 16-seater Mercedes mini-coach (air-conditioned)
- Operator: Rabbies