This tour checks all the boxes of the main must-sees of Southern Ireland – perfect for the traveller with more limited time.
ALL your sightseeing, hotels, and attraction entries are covered AND you get a full Irish breakfast every day (except day 1) plus 6 dinners! Tour operator (CIE Tours) have over 85 years experience and guaranteed departures.
Please contact us for more information and to book: firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 975 2047
Starts in Dublin and ends in Shannon.
Rates vary according to dates. Please contact us for more information.
2018 price per person* March- October 2018
R18 900 – R25 812 INCLUDES all hotels and 10 meals
Because the tour includes so much, it’s great value for money!
*Prices valid until 31 October 2018, and are subject to continued availability and major currency fluctuation.
Single supplement applies.
Children 8 – 18 years pay 90% of adult rate; children under 8 years not permitted (consider a self-drive tour!).
Highlights – ALL included
- Dublin city centre orientation tour
- Trinity College (view the Book of Kells)
- Taylor’s Three Rock Pub – dinner of Irish specialties and a lively show
- Tea and scones while watching sheepdog trials (sheep herding)
- Blarney Castle (pictured above)
- Dingle Peninsula and short cruise of Dingle Bay and Harbour
- Explore Killarney (evening) in own time
- Horse-drawn jaunting car through the Killarney National Park to scenic Ross Castle.
- Explore Adare Village
- King John’s Castle in Limerick
- Bunratty or Knappogue Castle for a medieval-style feast and traditional music
- Cliffs of Moher walk to O’Brien’s Tower
- Burren Birds of Prey Centre to watch dynamic flying displays and learn about raptor conservation.
- Stroll through Galway (short tour and then on own time)
“No optional extras” policy
- Breakfasts: 5
- Dinner: 5
- Welcome drink
- Entry to attractions
- Free wi-fi on the coach
- Daily sightseeing and entry to attractions
- Document wallet, backpack, luggage tags
- All on-tour transport including ferries and shuttles
- Local tour guide’s services
- Local taxes, hotel service charges, suitcase handling (1 per person)
Does not include:
- Certain meals and drinks
On the coach
- Breaks at approximately 2-hour intervals to stretch your legs, take photos, etc.
- Seats are rotated daily so all passengers have a chance to sit at the front of the coach.
- Seat belts must be worn.
- Emergency toilets are available on the coaches but cannot be used while coach is in motion. Frequent bathroom breaks are included in the itinerary.
Need to know
- Clothing: comfortable and casual – remember to pack comfortable walking shoes and a weatherproof jacket.
- Luggage: 1 piece of luggage + 1 carry-on
- Money: Most components are prepaid. You may need money for lunches and dinners when there is an evening at your leisure. You will also need money for shopping. We recommend carrying small denominations, and use credit or ATM cards (most towns have ATMs).
- Currency: Northern Ireland and Britrain: Pound Sterling £ | Southern Ireland (Republic of Ireland): Euro €
- Tipping: It is customary to tip your driver and guide at the end of the tour. Feel free to contact us for more info.
Day 1: Dublin and Taylor’s Three Rock Pub
Meet your guide at 2:00 PM in the hotel lobby and set off on an orientation tour of Dublin city center. Take a guided tour of Trinity College and view the illuminated manuscript of the 8th century Book of Kells, the world’s most famous medieval manuscript. In the evening, enjoy a welcome drink with your group before heading to Taylor’s Three Rock Pub for a dinner of Irish specialties and a lively show.
Day 2: Blarney Castle and Killarney
Relax and enjoy the picturesque midlands of Ireland, with its many mixed farms. Stop for photos of the stately ruins on the Rock of Cashel, rising high above the surrounding plain. Get a taste of farm life at a nearby sheep farm. Enjoy scones with tea and watch trained dogs herd sheep. Visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence” or explore the tranquil gardens. Treat yourself to quality Irish made goods at Blarney Woollen Mills. Travel through Macroom and into County Kerry where the scenery becomes more mountainous. Arrive in the charming town of Killarney.
Day 3: Dingle Peninsula and Dingle Bay Cruise
Discover the glorious Dingle Peninsula, made famous in the movies “Ryan’s Daughter” and “Far & Away,” which showcased the wonderful scenery found here. Travel to Slea Head at the westernmost tip of the peninsula for awesome views of the Atlantic Ocean. Embark on a short cruise around Dingle Harbour and Bay for great panoramic views all around. Enjoy dinner at a local venue before spending the remainder of the evening free exploring Killarney.
Day 4: Jaunting Car Ride and Medieval Castle Banquet
Take a traditional horse-drawn jaunting car through the Killarney National Park to scenic Ross Castle. Head to the village of Adare, famous for its main street lined with thatched cottages and colorful gardens. In Limerick visit King John’s Castle, which has guarded the River Shannon and access to the interior of the country for over 800 years. In the evening head to Bunratty or Knappogue Castle for a medieval-style feast. During and after the meal the lords and ladies will serenade you with song and harp music.
Day 5: Cliffs of Moher and Galway
Travel along the coast of County Clare to view the Cliffs of Moher, which soar almost 700 feet above the churning Atlantic swells. Walk along the top of the cliffs to O’Brien’s Tower for great views of Galway Bay and the Aran Islands. Visit the Burren Birds of Prey Centre where you will see dynamic flying displays and learn about raptor conservation. Join a local guide in Galway for a brief stroll through the twisting streets of the old city and before spending some time on your own.
Day 6: Tour Ends in Shannon
Your tour ends after breakfast today.
B: Breakfast; D: Dinner