Guten tag! German rail travel is efficient and easy. But it can be expensive if you have several journeys. Rail Passes make it much more affordable to travel in this wonderful country. A Eurail GERMAN Rail pass is valid for unlimited travel on all trains operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB) on the national rail network of Germany, inclusive of Salzburg (Austria) and Basel Bad Bf (Switzerland). (Full list of operators available on request.) It is also valid on the S-Bahn service.
(Note that rail passes do not include seat reservations. High-speed and night trains require seat reservations. You can prebook your seats through British TIPS and ensure your place on the train you need. A seat reservation fee will be charged accordingly.)
Download the price list or scroll down. 2019 Rail Pass – Germany
Price per person
Rates valid 01 July 2019 – 01 March 2020. Subject to major currency fluctuations.
|First Class||Adult||Adult SAVER*||Youth
|3 Days in 1 month||R 5 195||R 3 902||R 4 178|
|4 Days in 1 month||R 5 565||R 4 178||R 4 455|
|5 Days in 1 month||R 5 935||R 4 455||R 4 735|
|7 Days in 1 month||R 7 230||R 5 474||R 5 935|
|10 Days in 1 month||R 9 265||R 6 955||R 7 415|
|15 Days in 1 month||R 12 965||R 9 728||R 10 375|
|Standard Class||Adult||Adult SAVER*||Youth
|3 Days in 1 month||R 3 900||R 2 975||R 3 160|
|4 Days in 1 month||R 4 178||R 3 160||R 3 345|
|5 Days in 1 month||R 4 455||R 3 345||R 3 624|
|7 Days in 1 month||R 5 380||R 4 142||R 4 365|
|10 Days in 1 month||R 6 860||R 5 195||R 5 565|
|15 Days in 1 month||R 9 450||R 7 138||R 7 785|
- YOUTH: Ages 12 to 25
- CHILD FARES: Children 4 – 11 years travel free (1 child per paying adult.)
- *SAVER PASS: Valid for 2 passengers travelling together at all
For Unlimited travel on all trains operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB) on the national rail network of Germany, inclusive of Salzburg (Austria) and Basel Bad Bf (Switzerland). Full list of operators available on request.
Valid on the S-Bahn service.
Additional Routes included with the German Rail Pass
- Valid to select international cities on ICE/EC trains (Bologna, Bolzano/Bozen, Brussels, Innsbruck, Kufstein, Liege, Trento, Venice, Verona)
- ICE International trains to/from Brussels and Liege.
- Usage of the DB/Austrian railways EuroCity trains to Kufstein, Innsbruck, Bolzano/Bozen, Trento, Verona, Bologna and Venice
- DB IC buses on the following lines:
- Berlin Hbf Europaplatz- viaRostock/Hamburg -Copenhagen
- Frankfurt (Main)-Frankfurt Hahn Airport-Trier-Luxemburg
- Hamburg-Amsterdam (Sloterdijk)
- Mannheim-Heidelberg-Nuremberg (ZOB)-Prague
- Reservations are mandatory on ICE trains to/from Brussels/Liege and DB Buses.
Not valid on
- DB Autozug
- DB Urlaubsexpress (UEX)