Discover the colorful histories of Belfast, Derry, and Westport on walking tours with local guides
ALL your sightseeing, hotels, and attraction entries are covered AND you get a full Irish breakfast every day (except day 1) plus 6 dinners and a light lunch! Tour operator (CIE Tours) have over 85 years experience and guaranteed departures.
Please contact us for more information and to book: email@example.com or 021 975 2047
Starts in Dublin and ends in Shannon.
Rates vary according to dates. Please contact us for more information.
2018 price per person* March- October 2018
R23 240 – R29 610 INCLUDES all hotels and 13 meals
Because the tour includes so much, it’s great value for money!
*Prices valid until 31 October 2018, and are subject to continued availability and major currency fluctuation.
Single supplement applies.
Children 8 – 18 years pay 90% of adult rate; children under 8 years not permitted (consider a self-drive tour!).
Highlights – ALL included
- Dublin tour
- Dublin Castle
- Down Cathedral & St Patrick’s Grave
- Crumlin Road Gaol
- Central Belfast tour
- Titanic Experience Belfast
- Giant’s Causeway
- Derry walking tour
- Donegal Castle
- Westport walking tour
- Sheep-dog display (sheep-hearding)
- Killary Harbour + light lunch
- Westport House
- Ballintubber Abbey
- Galway free time
- Cliffs of Moher
- Evening at Bunratty or Knappogue Castle + medieval-style banquet (stay over)
“No optional extras” policy
- Breakfasts: 13
- Dinner: 10
- Lunch: 1
- Welcome drink
- Entry to attractions
- Free wi-fi on the coach
- Daily sightseeing and entry to attractions
- Document wallet, backpack, luggage tags
- All on-tour transport including ferries and shuttles
- Local tour guide’s services
- Local taxes, hotel service charges, suitcase handling (1 per person)
Does not include:
- Certain meals and drinks
On the coach
- Breaks at approximately 2-hour intervals to stretch your legs, take photos, etc.
- Seats are rotated daily so all passengers have a chance to sit at the front of the coach.
- Seat belts must be worn.
- Emergency toilets are available on the coaches but cannot be used while coach is in motion. Frequent bathroom breaks are included in the itinerary.
Need to know
- Clothing: comfortable and casual – remember to pack comfortable walking shoes and a weatherproof jacket.
- Luggage: 1 piece of luggage + 1 carry-on
- Money: Most components are prepaid. You may need money for lunches and dinners when there is an evening at your leisure. You will also need money for shopping. We recommend carrying small denominations, and use credit or ATM cards (most towns have ATMs).
- Currency: Northern Ireland and Britrain: Pound Sterling £ | Southern Ireland (Republic of Ireland): Euro €
- Tipping: It is customary to tip your driver and guide at the end of the tour. Feel free to contact us for more info.
Day 1: Dublin Arrival and Dublin Castle
Tour begins 2:00 PM at your hotel. Tour Dublin to see elegant Georgian townhouses, pass St. Stephen’s Green and Trinity College, and cross the River Liffey to drive along O’Connell Street. Take a guided tour through Dublin Castle. Enjoy a welcome drink with your group before dinner.
Day 2: St. Patrick’s Grave and Crumlin Road Gaol
Visit Down Cathedral with St Patrick’s historical burial site. Immerse yourself in his work, life and times in the nearby St Patrick Centre. Explore the Crumlin Road Gaol (jail) to see what prison life was like. Head to central Belfast with time to relax before dinner at your hotel.
Day 3: Titanic Belfast and Walking Tour
Tour around central Belfast to see Victorian buildings, City Hall, and the shipyards where RMS Titanic was built in 1912. Visit Titanic Belfast, and join a local guide for a walking tour of the city before free time to explore.
Day 4: Giant’s Causeway and Derry Walk
Drive north along the Nine Glens of Antrim for views of mountains, valleys, and coastline. Explore the Giant’s Causeway, enormous hexagonal columns formed by volcanic activity 60 million years ago. Stop for photos at the ruins of Dunluce Castle, and in Derry join a local guide for a short walking tour around the defensive walls that encircle the compact old city.
Day 5: Donegal Castle and Westport
Travel through the rugged countryside of Donegal. Tour Donegal Castle, built by the O’Donnell chieftain in the 15th century. Drive around Donegal Bay and through Counties Sligo and Mayo. Head to Westport for a gentle walking tour with a local guide.
Day 6: Sheep Herding and Westport House
Enjoy views of the pilgrimage mountain of Croaghpatrick as you head to a local farm to watch skilled dogs herding sheep. View Killary Harbour, Ireland’s only fjord. After a light lunch take a guided tour of Westport House, a stately mansion which overlooks the ocean and contains interesting portraits, furniture, silver, and porcelain. Enjoy free time in Westport.
Day 7: Ballintubber Abbey and Cliffs of Moher
Visit Ballintubber Abbey, known as “the Abbey that refused to die,” Ireland’s only royal Abbey, which has been in continuous use for more than 780 years. Travel to Galway for free time to explore. Head to the majestic Cliffs of Moher, which soar 700 feet above the foaming Atlantic Ocean. Enjoy an evening at Bunratty or Knappogue Castle with a medieval-style banquet.
Day 8: Tour Ends at Bunratty
Your program ends after breakfast.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner