Experience the essence of Britain from Shakespeare’s birthplace and the Cotswolds, to The Beatles’ Liverpool and the Lake District. Cross the Scottish border to stay in Edinburgh and visit St Andrews, view Highland peaks and valleys and cruise Loch Lomond.
ALL your sightseeing, hotels, and attraction entries are covered AND you get a full breakfast every day (except day 1) plus 3 dinners and 2 lunches! Tour operator (CIE Tours) have over 85 years experience and guaranteed departures.
Please contact us for more information and to book: email@example.com or 021 975 2047
Weekly departures. Starts in London and ends in Glasgow. (We can book your trains/coaches/private transfers in the UK too.)
Rates vary according to dates. Please contact us for more information.
2018 price per person* April to October
R31 500 – R41 426 INCLUDES all hotels 3* & 4* and 12 meals
Great value for money!
*Prices valid until 31 October 2018, and are subject to continued availability and major currency fluctuation.
Single supplement applies.
Children 8 – 18 years pay 90% of adult rate; children under 8 years not permitted (consider a self-drive tour!).
Highlights – ALL included (see below for full itinerary)
- Tour central London’s famous landmarks
- London hop-on hop-off open-topped bus tour (explore at your own pace)
- Tower of London
- Pub lunch en route to Liverpool
- Guided tour of Liverpool focusing on places associated with the “Fab Four”
- British Music Experience in Liverpool
- Free time in Liverpool (evening)
- Travel through the Lake District
- Cruise on Lake Windermere
- Blacksmith’s Shop in Gretna Green (1754)
- Traditional dinner and ceilidh near Edinburgh at your hotel
- Tour of central Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Castle
- Free time in Edinburgh
- Scone Palace
- Pitlochry for lunch and free time
- Dalwhinnie Distillery whisky tour and tasting
- Inverness free time
- Cruise on Loch Lomond
- Drive through Glasgow
“No optional extras” policy
- Breakfasts: 7
- Dinner: 3
- Lunch: 2
- Welcome drink
- Entry to attractions
- Free wi-fi on the coach
- Daily sightseeing and entry to attractions
- Document wallet, backpack, luggage tags
- All on-tour transport including ferries and shuttles
- Local tour guide’s services
- Local taxes, hotel service charges, suitcase handling (1 per person)
Does not include:
- Certain meals and drinks
On the coach
- Breaks at approximately 2-hour intervals to stretch your legs, take photos, etc.
- Seats are rotated daily so all passengers have a chance to sit at the front of the coach.
- Seat belts must be worn.
- Emergency toilets are available on the coaches but cannot be used while coach is in motion. Frequent bathroom breaks are included in the itinerary.
Need to know
- Clothing: comfortable and casual – remember to pack comfortable walking shoes and a weatherproof jacket.
- Luggage: 1 piece of luggage + 1 carry-on
- Money: Most components are prepaid. You may need money for lunches and dinners when there is an evening at your leisure. You will also need money for shopping. We recommend carrying small denominations, and use credit or ATM cards (most towns have ATMs).
- Currency: Northern Ireland and Britrain: Pound Sterling £ | Southern Ireland (Republic of Ireland): Euro €
- Tipping: It is customary to tip your driver and guide at the end of the tour. Feel free to contact us for more info.
Day 1: London Arrival and Tour
Tour begins 14h00 PM at your London hotel. Tour central London’s famous landmarks including Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, and the Houses of Parliament. Your guide will highlight London’s famous rock-and-roll history. Enjoy a welcome drink with your group before dinner.
Day 2: Tower Of London and City Sights
Discover London’s attractions on your own with an open-top bus tour. Choose your route, a walking tour in the footsteps of London’s rock-and-roll legends, or a scenic River Thames cruise. Visit the Tower of London to view the Crown Jewels guarded by Beefeaters in Tudor uniforms, or Kensington Palace, former home of Princess Diana. Dine independently this evening.
Day 3: British Music Experience and The Beatles’ Liverpool
Travel to Liverpool, stopping at a pub for lunch along the way. A local guide will show you around the city focusing on places associated with the “Fab Four.” Explore Britain’s rich pop music history at the British Music Experience in Liverpool. The evening is free. You might want to check out live music at the world famous Cavern Club.
Day 4: Lake District and Scottish Evening
Travel through the glorious Lake District, a region that inspired Beatrix Potter’s children’s books. Embark on a cruise along Lake Windermere, England’s largest natural lake. Over the Scottish border stop at the Famous Blacksmith’s Shop in Gretna Green, before travelling towards Edinburgh. Enjoy a traditional dinner and ceilidh at your hotel near Edinburgh.
Day 5: Edinburgh Castle and City Tour
Explore central Edinburgh, starting in the 200-year-old “New Town” with planned streets and elegant Georgian houses. See the Royal Mile where medieval houses are clustered, and tour Edinburgh Castle to see the Crown Jewels of Scotland and the Stone of Destiny. The afternoon is free to explore. The August 3 – 17 departures watch the spectacular Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on the Castle Esplanade.
Day 6: Scone Palace and Dalwhinnie Distillery
At Scone Palace see outstanding antiques, paintings, rare artefacts, and world-renowned grounds. Head into Pitlochry for lunch and free time to explore. At Dalwhinnie Distillery, watch the distillers harness the snow-fed waters of the Allt an t’Sluic, then sample the “Gentle Spirit” of the glen. Continue to Inverness where the evening is free to check out local pubs with traditional music and food.
Day 7: Loch Ness and Loch Lomond Cruise
Travel south through Highland scenery, passing the shoreline of Loch Ness. See Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest peak, and continue through the towering mountains around Glencoe. Embark on a cruise of Loch Lomond, Britain’s largest lake. Enjoy a drive around Glasgow before dinner at your hotel.
Day 8: Tour Ends In Glasgow
Your tour ends after breakfast.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner