A perfect introduction to Scotland with this four-day tour Activities include whisky tasting, Loch Ness cruise, and a Scottish Evening. See Edinburgh Tattoo in August.
ALL your sightseeing, hotels, and attraction entries are covered AND you get a full breakfast every day (except day 1) plus 8 dinners! Tour operator (CIE Tours) have over 85 years experience and guaranteed departures.
Please contact us for more information and to book: email@example.com or 021 975 2047
Starts in Glasgow and ends in Edinburgh.
Rates vary according to dates. Please contact us for more information.
2018 price per person* April- October 2018
R17 500 – R23 888
August tours including Edinburgh Military Tattoo: R28 872
Because the tour includes so much, it’s great value for money!
*Prices valid until 31 October 2018, and are subject to continued availability and major currency fluctuation.
Single supplement applies.
Children 8 – 18 years pay 90% of adult rate; children under 8 years not permitted (consider a self-drive tour!).
Highlights – ALL included (see below for full itinerary)
- Central Glasgow tour
- Journey across Rannoch Moor and through Glen Coe
- Loch Ness cruise
- Blair Athol Distillery tour and tasting
- St Andrews (home to the oldest golfcourse in the world)
- Edinburgh festive Scottish evening
- Explore central Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Castle
- Free time in Edinburgh
- (NOTE: On 31 July to 21 August departures, tour will visit the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo)
“No optional extras” policy
- Breakfasts: 4
- Dinner: 3
- Welcome drink
- Entry to attractions
- Free wi-fi on the coach
- Daily sightseeing and entry to attractions
- Document wallet, backpack, luggage tags
- All on-tour transport including ferries and shuttles
- Local tour guide’s services
- Local taxes, hotel service charges, suitcase handling (1 per person)
Does not include:
- Certain meals and drinks
On the coach
- Breaks at approximately 2-hour intervals to stretch your legs, take photos, etc.
- Seats are rotated daily so all passengers have a chance to sit at the front of the coach.
- Seat belts must be worn.
- Emergency toilets are available on the coaches but cannot be used while coach is in motion. Frequent bathroom breaks are included in the itinerary.
Need to know
- Clothing: comfortable and casual – remember to pack comfortable walking shoes and a weatherproof jacket.
- Luggage: 1 piece of luggage + 1 carry-on
- Money: Most components are prepaid. You may need money for lunches and dinners when there is an evening at your leisure. You will also need money for shopping. We recommend carrying small denominations, and use credit or ATM cards (most towns have ATMs).
- Currency: Northern Ireland and Britrain: Pound Sterling £ | Southern Ireland (Republic of Ireland): Euro €
- Tipping: It is customary to tip your driver and guide at the end of the tour. Feel free to contact us for more info.
Day 1: Glasgow Highlights
Tour begins 2:30 PM, Glasgow hotel. Set out on a tour of central Glasgow — a city that flourished in Victorian times due to the shipbuilding industry and international trade. See George Square with its ornate City Chambers and visit Provand’s Lordship, Glasgow’s oldest house built in 1471. Enjoy a welcome drink with your group before dinner.
Day 2: Loch Lomond & Loch Ness Cruise
Travel alongside Loch Lomond, renowned for its unsurpassed beauty. Drive across the haunting Rannoch Moor and through Glencoe admiring the wild and spectacular scenery. Treat yourself to Scottish goods at a woollen mill. Keep your camera handy as you embark on a Loch Ness cruise before heading to Nairn.
Day 3: Whisky Tasting & St Andrews
Go behind the scenes to see how whisky is distilled and enjoy a sample at Blair Athol Distillery. Travel to St Andrews, best known as the “Home of Golf, and enjoy time exploring independently. In Edinburgh your gracious manor house hotel is set on four square kilometers with two golf courses and spa facilities. Get ready for festive Scottish evening dinner and a lively show with songs, stories and traditional dancing.
Day 4: Edinburgh Castle & City Tour
Explore the main sights of central Edinburgh – the bustling Princes Street, the wide streets of the 200-year-old Georgian New Town, and the Royal Mile where compact medieval houses reach 11 floors tall. Tour Edinburgh Castle and marvel at the Scottish Crown Jewels and the Stone of Scone. The rest of the day is free. On July 31 to August 21 departures, seats are reserved for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Day 5: Tour Ends In Edinburgh
Your tour ends after breakfast.
B: Breakfast; D: Dinner