London is your oyster with a London Transport Visitor Oyster Card – and you can get yours through British T.I.P.S.!
The Visitor Oyster Card is a pay-as-you-go smartcard for use on London’s public transport systems. For use on: London Underground (Tube), bus, tram, Docklands Light Rail, London Overground, TfL Rail, Emirates Air Line cable car, Thames Clippers River Bus and most National Rail services in London.
email@example.com or 021 975 2047
Visitors Oyster Cards come preloaded and include the card itself. They do not expire and are not date specific, and can be topped up in London as needed.
Rates per person* valid until 28 February 2019
- Preloaded with £20: R550
- Preloaded with £25: R660
- Preloaded with £35: R770
**Children aged 12 – 15 years: Go to to a staffed ticket office in London with the card and the child’s passport. They will then ensure that the card will only get charged at half-price for each swipe. We recommend a £15 card.
Children aged 0 – 11 years: travel free of charge with the parents/guardians.
Rates subject to major currency fluctuation and availability.
Visitors Oyster Cards in a nutshell:
- Pre-loaded smartcard
- Top up when you’re there
- Never expires
- No photo ID needed
- Not available in the UK
- Use it on: London Underground (Tube), bus, tram, Docklands Light Rail, London Overground, TfL Rail, Emirates Air Line cable car, Thames Clippers River Bus and most National Rail services in London.
Download full info leaflet: TFL-Visitor-Oyster-Card-Jan2017
Why use a Visitors Oyster Card?
- Cheaper: It is the cheapest way to pay for single journeys (50% less than buying paper Travelcards or single tickets with cash), it saves you time too.
- All London public transport: Covers London Underground (‘the tube’), bus, London Overground, and most National Rail services in London.
- No queues: Your card is ready to use as soon as you arrive in London.
- Easy to use: Touch it to the yellow card reader at the gates when you start and end your journey.
- Pay as you go: You decide how much to load before you can, and you can top up as you go.
- Price capping means you never use more than £6.50 per day in Central London.
- Offers and discounts at several London attractions, restaurants and experiences.
- It is valid in all travel zones and automatically calculates the cheapest total fare for all the journeys you make in a single day.]
Why should I get a Visitors Oyster Card instead of a Travelcard?
Transport for London is phasing the old paper travelcards out in favour of the Oyster Card. However, it is still possible to load a travelcard onto your Visitors Oyster Card once in London to help you plan your budget.
A Travelcard is a paper London travel pass valid for either a single day or seven days, and is available for certain combinations of travel zones. It is also valid on all public transport on the TfL network.