This is a fantastic value-for-money option for visitors wanting to experience the top attractions of this ancient city. It includes a 48 hours hop-on hop-off orientation tour bus valid on ALL routes* (Edinburgh Tour, Majestic Tour and CitySightseeing Edinburgh) PLUS entrance to:
- Edinburgh Castle (date and time must be prebooked)
- The Palace of Holyrood**
- Royal Yacht Britannia*
***Royal Yacht Britannia is closed on Mondays & Tuesdays. **Palace of Holyroodhouse is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Get in touch to book at email@example.com or call 021 975 2047.
|Price per person*||Adult||Child 5 – 17 years||Senior 65+|
|R 1 625||R 875||R 1 495|
- 48 hours of unlimited travel on Edinburgh’s sightseeing bus tours – use the buses to get to the three royal attractions, and see the other sights of the beautiful city centre along your way.
- Entry to Edinburgh Castle (date & time must be pre-booked)
- Entry to Palace of Holyroodhouse (no pre-booking required but strongly recommended)
- Entry to the Royal Yacht Britannia (no pre-booking required but strongly recommended)
Does not include transport to/from venue, meals & beverages, souvenirs, or guided tours at the attractions.
Edinburgh bus tours
Edinburgh Bus Tours is the generic name of all the bus tours in Edinburgh operated by “LOTHIAN BUSES”, and covers the following routes:
- CITY SIGHTSEEING: multi-language tour with headphones in English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and Japanese;
- EDINBURGH TOUR: live guided tour covering the old town before penetrating deep into the Georgian New Town;
- MAJESTIC TOUR: live guided tour takes you north of Princes Street and heads to the Royal Botanical Garden, it then heads for the coast of Newhaven where on a clear day you have spectacular views of the Forth Bridges. It stops at Ocean Terminal, home of the Royal Yacht Britannia and then heads back up to the City Centre via the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Visit Edinburgh Castle and explore the towering fortress that overlooks the Scottish capital. The 12th century castle has a vital place in the history of Scotland with tales of royals, sieges and battles just waiting to be discovered! Your ticket provides access to the Great Hall of King James IV, the Royal Palace rooms, the Crown Room, St Margaret’s Chapel, and the National War Museum. Allow at least 2 hours to visit.
Palace of Holyroodhouse
Situated at the end of the Royal Mile in the centre of Edinburgh, against the breathtaking backdrop of Arthur’s Seat, the Palace of Holyroodhouse is absolutely stunning both inside and out. The official Royal residence in Scotland, His Majesty the King conducts important official business here. Your ticket provides access to the State Apartments, Throne Room, Great Gallery, and Mary, Queen of Scots’ Chambers. Allow at least 1 hour to visit.
Note: Palace of Holyroodhouse is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
The Royal Yacht Britannia
In service to the Royal Family from 1954 to 1997, Her Majesty’s Yacht Britannia aka the Royal Yacht Britannia, is a must-visit attractions. It is immensely popular, welcoming over 390 000 visitors each year. You will visit all five decks and find out what it was like about this former floating palace.
Royal Yacht Britannia is closed on Mondays & Tuesdays
This ticket is non-refundable, non-amendable. If the Palace of Holyroodhouse is closed for Royal visits entry to The Queen’s Gallery and a Palace Guidebook are offered in its place, please only buy the ticket during these closures (listed on the Royal Edinburgh Ticket page) if you are happy with this alternative.
- Unless otherwise stated, all attractions must be pre-booked (date and time).
- Please refer to each attraction for amendment/cancellation fees. Please note that British TIPS service fee is non-refundable. Cancellation terms vary. Unless otherwise noted, cancellations and amendments (where possible) are subject to cancellation/amendment fees. Some attractions are non-refundable and non-amendable once booked. No-shows are not eligible for refunds.
- Please note that, although rates validity periods, opening hours and days, and descriptions are provided, British TIPS is dependent on information provided by the operators of the attractions. These rates and other details are subject to change without notice. Unfortunately, this is beyond the control of British TIPS but we will always endeavour to keep the rate as low as possible and not increase it unless absolutely necessary. Should the rate be reduced by the operator, we will amend our rates accordingly, in order to pass the saving on to our clients.
- All Covid-19 requirements must be met, such as wearing of masks, vaccination proof, etc.
- Unless otherwise indicated, attractions do not include transport to/from the attraction, souvenirs, meals, or drinks.
- Be at the attraction point at least 15 minutes prior to departure, unless otherwise indicated.
- Students refers to FULL-TIME students with proof.
- Seniors are required to show identification (depending on supplier, senior rates apply to those aged 60 or 65 and over).
- Remember that ‘closing times’ may not be the same as ‘last admission’, which is typically around 1 hour prior to closing but varies according to the attraction.
- Note that most attractions are CLOSED over Christmas and on New Years Day.
- Due to Covid-19, situations change rapidly. Therefore, availability, dates, and times are subject to changes, even after bookings have been paid.
- You may be asked to show proof of vaccination, wear a face covering, have your temperature checked, and to use hand sanitisers, amongst other Covid spread-reduction methods.
- Passengers are responsible for ensuring that their passports, visas, vaccinations, insurance, and other requirements are met.
We can also book tours, high teas, river cruises, stadium visits, theatre, accommodation, transfers, rail, concerts, sports, events, and more. Our expert team is looking forward to helping you make your travel dreams come true.